- 2 white onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 400g pulled pork
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 1 tbsp American mustard
- Zest of 1 lime
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp marjoram
- To serve
- 6 glazed hot dog buns
- 1 tbsp pickled green chillies
- 2 banana shallots, sliced into rings
- 1 tsp toasted yellow mustard seeds
- 3 tbsp Sour cream (Dispensed into a squeezy bottle)
- 3 tbsp American mustard (Dispensed into a squeezy bottle)
Method1 In a heavy based sauce pan, heat a little oil and fry off the onions until golden.
2 Add the garlic powder, fresh garlic and paprika, marjoram, black pepper, sweat down for a few minutes to release the flavour.
3 Add the puree and chicken stock and bring up to the boil. Once boiling, add the pulled pork and simmer for 1 hour.
4 Ten minutes from the end, add the green pepper and green chilli and allow to soften slightly. To finish, add the mustard, lime and cayenne pepper.
5 Spoon the mixture into the glazed hotdog bun, scatter over the chillies, shallot rings and mustard seeds. To serve, pipe over the sour cream and mustard.
Nutrition InformationServes 6
Check out more pork recipes from Tom at lovepork.co.uk