And the cheese expert at Castello, Matt Day has mixed up this fabulous non-alcoholic cocktail which compliments the richness of the cheese perfectly. He says: ' It's a lovely savoury drink with earthy, vegetal undertones which work with the radish and blue mould of the cheese.'
Happy Bank Holiday!
- 1 Castello Creamy Blue cheese
- 18 radishes (saving 8 for decoration)
- 4tbsp finely chopped chives (saving 2tbsp for decoration)
- 3tbsp full fat crème fraiche
- Crispbread or crackers
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- For the Virgin Mary Cocktail:
- 750ml Beetroot Juice
- 750ml fresh tomato juice
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3tsps Worcestershire Sauce
- 1tsp Tabasco
- salt and pepper, large pinch
1. Chop the first ten radishes coarsely and place in a mixing bowl with the Castello Creamy Blue cheese, crème fraiche, chives, and pepper. Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cut the remaining 8 radishes into wedges to be used for decoration.
2. Place a teaspoon of the Creamy Blue mixture on small crispbreads and decorate with radish wedges and a sprinkling of chives.
3. Alternatively, serve each element individually and allow guests to assemble.
The Very Bloody Virgin Mary Cocktail:
1. Combine all the juices, Worcestershire Sauce, Tabasco, salt and pepper in a large jug.
2. Stir well and taste the level of spicing.
3. Refrigerate until required and serve in a hi-ball glass.
Nutrition InformationServes 4-6
For exclusive competitions and amazing prizes visit Reveal's Facebook page NOW!