This is a recipe for those who want more holiday, and less work in the kitchen, this weekend! The key ingredient is the US-style sweet mustard which really gives it a kick.
- 450g boneless, skinless chicken breasts , cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp French's Classic Yellow Sweet Mustard, divided
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 230g sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 250 ml chicken broth
- 125 ml heavy cream
- 225 g bow tie pasta, cooked according to package directions
Method1. Toss the chicken in one tablespoon of the mustard. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and brown the chicken. Remove and set aside.
2. Melt the butter in the same frying pan. Add onion and cook for 8 minutes or until softened. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add vinegar and remaining mustard and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are caramelised.
3. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet and simmer for 3 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in heavy cream and serve over hot cooked pasta.
Prep Time12-15 minutes
Cook Time25 minutes
For exclusive competitions and amazing prizes visit Reveal's Facebook page NOW!
Check out more pasta recipes in our gallery