Perfect for your Easter festivities, these super cute cakes are easy to make but certainly have the wow factor. Simply whip up your cupcakes before topping with a buttercream and iced flower combo.
- Cupcake Ingredients:
- 125 grams self-raising flour
- 125 grams caster sugar
- 125 grams soft unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Buttercream ingredients:
- 1 tub of Cake Angels Vanilla Frosting
- Few drops of yellow food colouring gel or paste
- Or alternatively make your own buttercream:
- 250 grams butter
- 500 grams icing sugar
- ½ tsp of vanilla essence
- 2 - 3 tbsp of milk
- few drops of yellow food colouring gel or paste
- For a simple buttercream icing mix the butter with the icing sugar and vanilla essence with an electric hand mixer.
- Continue to mix until smooth adding the milk to loosen the buttercream.
- Extra ingredients to decorate:
- Cake Angels ‘Flower Fun’ Daffodils Handmade Iced decorations
Method1 Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas mark 6 and line a muffin tin with 12 cake cases.
2 Put all the ingredients except for the milk in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Pulse while adding milk down the funnel, to make a soft, dropping consistency. Alternatively put all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and use an electric hand mixer.
3 Or using a bowl and wooden spoon, cream the butter and sugar, beat in the eggs one at a time with a little of the flour. Add the vanilla extract and fold in the rest of the flour, adding the milk to make a soft, dropping consistency.
4 Spoon into the cases equally. Put in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes until the cup cakes are cooked and golden on top, check to see if the cupcakes are ready by inserting a cocktail stick into one of the cupcakes. If it comes out dry then the cupcakes are done.
5 As soon as possible, take the cup cakes in their cases, out of the tin and let cool on a wire rack.
6 Once cooled, using a piping bag with a large star nozzle, 2/3 fill with the buttercream/frosting, securing the top of the bag with a freezer clip.
7 Start piping from the outer edge of the cup cake. Slowly work your way round overlapping the layers as you reach the centre of your cupcake. Remember to apply even pressure to your piping bag, this insures an even swirl all the way around. Stop squeezing as you pull away from the centre of the swirl to create a nice pointed top a bit like an ice cream.
8 Decorate with each cake with a single flower.
Nutrition InformationMakes 12
For exclusive competitions and amazing prizes visit Reveal's Facebook page NOW!
Check out more amazing cakes in our gallery
Copyright: Eggs For Soldiers