Forget the traditional recipe, this method has a secret ingredient – chocolate chips! Banana and chocolate are a match made in heaven, so this gorgeous bake is going to go down a storm with friends and family!
- 100g Anchor Unsalted Butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 75g soft light brown sugar
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas (about 350g), mashed
- 175g plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100g milk or dark chocolate chips
Method1 Preheat the oven to 170°C, gas mark 3. Grease a 900g loaf tin and line with greaseproof paper. Using electric beaters, cream the butter and sugar together for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
2 Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then beat in the vanilla and mashed bananas.
3 Sift in the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Fold through until combined, and then add and stir through the chocolate chips.
4 Tip the batter into the loaf tin and bake for 50-55 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in the tin, then set on a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition InformationServes 8 - 10
More fabulous baking ideas:
Copyright: Eggs For Soldiers
For exclusive competitions and amazing prizes visit Reveal's Facebook page NOW!