Chocolate and chilli may sound a bit strange, but this culinary pairing of fiery spice combined with rich chocolate actually works really well.
Dark chocolate and Tabasco chilli are key to this truly indulgent dessert that will make your romantic evening extra special. Serve with lashings of cream and tuck in…
- 450g/1lb dark chocolate, minimum 70 per cent cocoa solids
- 200g/7oz unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 10 free-range eggs
- 3 tablespoons soured cream
- 300g/101/2oz caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, split, seeds scraped out
- 200g/7oz plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 10ml of Tabasco(R) Pepper Sauce
- For the sauce:
- 250ml/9fl oz whipping cream
- 60g/2oz unsalted butter
- 100g/ 31/2oz cocoa powder
- 100g /31/2oz caster sugar
- 100g /31/2oz soft dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100g strawberries and whipped cream to serve
Method1 Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over simmering water.
2 Whisk the eggs, sugar, soured cream and vanilla over simmering water for 5 mins until fluffy and voluminous.
3 Stir in the chocolate mixture. Sift the dry ingredients together, fold into the chocolate, together with the Tabasco.
4 Spoon mixture into a lined ovenproof dish and bake at 160c/g3 for about 1 hour.
5 To make the sauce, put all of the ingredients in a pan and stir for 4-5 mins until gooey and yummy.
6 Serve a piece of pud covered in the sauce with a few delicious strawberries and cream.
Cook Time1 hour
Nutrition InformationServes 16
More ideas for Valentine's Day:
Copyright: Martin Poole for Constable Books
Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!