Your rumbling stomach will be more than satisfied with these gorgeous baked sweet potatoes, which are topped with a veggie-friendly chilli con carne and garnished with soured cream and chillies. A fab meal for your mid-week tea!
- 4 large sweet potatoes or 8 smaller ones
- 300g Quorn Mince
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 satchet chilli con carne seasoning (vegetarian ones are available)
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 400g tomato passata
- 150ml water
- 400g tin red kidney beans, drained
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Soured cream and red chillies if required for garnish
Method1 Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas mark 6. Bake the sweet potatoes for around 40 minutes until soft.
2 Meanwhile, gently fry the onions in the oil until softened. Add the Quorn mince, spice satchet , red chilli, tomato passata, water and kidney beans. Bring to the boil then simmer for 15-20 minutes. Stir in the chopped coriander.
3 When the sweet potatoes are cooked carefully cut lengthways and top with the chilli.
4 Garnish with soured cream and chillies.
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time45 minutes
Nutrition InformationServes 4
Check out these other veggie recipes:
Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!