A twist on the traditional prawn cocktail dish, it adds lobster tails, tarragon and even a splash of vodka. While a sprinkling of breadcrumbs and dollop of tartar sauce finishes off this tasty appetiser.
- 17g shallots, finely sliced
- 13g gherkin, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon tarragon, finely chopped
- Splash of vodka
- 175g Asda Extra Special Spicy Marie Rose sauce with Brandy
- 100g prawn crackers
- 150g breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 250g seasoned plain flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Extra Special Lobster Tails (one per portion)
- Little Gem leaves, cherry tomatoes, cress and lemon wedges to serve
Method1 To make the tartar sauce, combine the shallots, gherkins, herbs and vodka in a bowl with the cocktail sauce.
2 To make the coating, crumb the prawn crackers and mix into the breadcrumbs and paprika.
3 Put the seasoned flour, beaten eggs and lobster coating into three separate bowls.
4 Shell and remove vein from the lobster. Cut each cooked lobster tail into 5 and dip pieces into the flour first, then the egg and the coating. Fry in a deep-fat fryer until golden Temperature 180°C (about 3-5mins).
5 Drain on kitchen paper and serve in a martini glass with a large tbsp. of the tartar sauce and garnish.
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time3-5 minutes
Nutrition InformationMakes 4
More festive recipes:
Boozy Chocolate Orange Hot Chocolate
Hot Buttered Rum
Yule Log with Guinness
Rudolph Red Velvet Cupcakes
Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!
Check out our gallery of festive recipes below