This is an ideal accompaniment to Christmas lunch or any Sunday roast.
- 115g DS-gluten free Wholesome White Sliced Loaf (or the Seeded Sliced Loaf or Brown Ciabatta Rolls from the range will work as well)
- 15g Butter
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 1 stick of Celery, chopped into small pieces
- 2tbsp (2 x 5mlsp) fresh chopped Parsley, or 2tsp (5mlsp) dried Parsley
- 25g (1oz) ready to eat Apricot, cut into small pieces
- 50ml Orange Juice, fresh
- 2tbsp Cranberry Sauce, gluten free
- 25g Walnuts, (1oz) or pine kernels chopped (optional)
Method1. Crumble the bread (the crust can also be used) or place in a food processor until it resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Place breadcrumbs in a bowl.
3. Melt the butter and fry the onion and celery until soft and very lightly browned. Add to the breadcrumbs.
4. Mix in the parsley, apricots and nuts (if using) and seasoning. Pour in the orange juice and stir in the cranberry sauce.
5. Bind the mixture together and use either for stuffing the neck of a chicken or turkey, or make into 8 - 10 stuffing balls and cook at 190°C/170°CFan/ Gas Mark 5 for 20 minutes. Alternatively place mixture in an ovenproof dish and cook at the same temperature for 35-40 minutes
Prep Time12-15 minutes
Cook Time20 minutes for stuffing balls, 35 minutes in a loaf tin
Check out more gluten free recipes in our gallery.