Why not try making these meat-free cheese and leek sausages to celebrate Guy Fawkes night with friends and family?
As it's British Sausage Week this week, there's even more reason to tuck in.
To make this meat-free version, use breadcrumbs, cheddar and leek for an irresistible banger that everyone will enjoy.
- 175g (6oz) fresh white breadcrumbs
- 100g (4oz) Pilgrims Choice Farmhouse Vintage cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 small leek, washed and finely chopped
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
- Salt & pepper
- 2 eggs, separated (keeping the white from 1 of the eggs for coating)
- About 2-3 tablespoons full fat milk
- Plain flour for coating
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) sunflower oil
- 15g (½ oz) butter
Method1 Mix together the breadcrumbs, cheese, leek, parsley and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Add one whole egg and one egg yolk and mix thoroughly, adding enough milk to bind the mixture together, but so it’s not too sticky.
2 Divide the mixture into eight and shape into sausages.
3 Beat the remaining egg white on a plate with a fork until frothy, dip the sausages in the egg white, then roll in the flour to coat.
4 Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan and shallow fry the sausages for 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time5 - 10 minutes
Nutrition InformationServes 4
More tasty veggie recipes:
Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!