The great news is that it starts tomorrow - so why don't you celebrate by baking some chocolate goodies? These chocolate mocha brownies are amazing. Rich and gooey, they even contain pecan nuts for a nice crunchy addition. We're in love!
- 250g (9oz) Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Light Muscovado Cane Sugar
- 200g (7oz) unsalted butter
- 200g (7oz) dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids
- 3 large eggs
- 2 rounded teaspoons, instant espresso powder
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 110g (4oz) plain flour
- 1 rounded teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 110g (4oz) pecans, roughly chopped
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- You will also need a 20cm (8”) brownie tin greased and the base lined with parchment paper.
Method1 Preheat the oven to 190°C/Fan170°, 375°F, Gas Mark 5.
2 Combine the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt together in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water for a few minutes. Don’t let the bowl touch the water. Alternatively, melt it in the microwave for about 1 minute. Stir well and leave to cool a little.
3 Lightly beat together the eggs and light muscovado cane sugar in a bowl with a fork. Pour in the melted chocolate mixture and beat to combine. Sprinkle over the espresso powder, add the vanilla extract and mix. Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt, stir and then mix in the nuts.
4 Tip into the brownie tin and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 20 minutes or until a crust has formed. Remove, leave to cool for two hours, then cover with cling film and chill for at least another two hours.
5 Turn out of the tin, discard the parchment and trim the edges, cut into squares, lightly dust with cocoa and serve.
Prep Time25 minutes
Cook Time25 minutes
Nutrition InformationServes 16
More lovely cake recipes to try:
Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!