Crisp celery, flavoursome fennel and juicy cranberries and orange are all used in this gorgeous winter salad. Ideal for a light lunch or as dinner with cold meat and potatoes, this is a dish you'll keep returning to over the chilly months.
- 6 sticks Fenland celery, thinly sliced at an angle, reserve green leaves
- 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 Pink Lady apple, thinly sliced
- 2 oranges, remove zest before cutting away the skin, thinly sliced
- For the maple and orange dressing:
- 150g cranberries
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Method1 First make the dressing by placing the cranberries in a small saucepan with the maple syrup, cook until softened a little but still holding their shape, cool.
2 Mix together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon and orange juice and the cooled cranberries.
3 Mix together the celery, fennel and red onion, pile onto a serving platter, add the Pink Lady apple slices and oranges.
4 Pour over the dressing, lightly toss together and serve sprinkled with some torn green leaves from the celery and the reserved orange zest.
Prep Time20 minutes
Nutrition InformationServes 4
More delish salads:
Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!