Simply pop the pittas in a toaster and add your favourite toppings before whacking in the oven. This particular recipe uses the likes of peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes for a fresh and tasty snack. Homemade and speedy – what's not to love?
- 250g Sainsbury's frozen mixed peppers
- 4 Sainsbury's wholemeal pittas
- 175g Italian double concentrate tomato purée
- 200g closed cup white mushrooms brushed clean and sliced
- 125g medium grated British Cheddar
- 100g drained tinned sweetcorn kernels
- ½ x 335g pack cherry tomatoes
- ½ x iceberg lettuce, shredded
Method1 Set aside the frozen mixed peppers for 1 hour to defrost, then pat dry with kitchen paper.
2 Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
3 Pop the pittas in a toaster for a minute then let cool. Using a knife, cut the lightly toasted pittas in half horizontally and put on a large baking tray, cut-side down. Spread the tomato purée over the pitta halves, then top with the mushrooms, Cheddar, sweetcorn, tomatoes and defrosted peppers.
4 Cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Serve two pitta halves per person, topped with the shredded iceberg lettuce.
Prep Time10 minutes, plus 1 hour defrosting time
Cook Time10 - 12 minutes
Nutrition InformationServes 4
More speedy recipes to try:
Quick Recipe For Steak & Peppercorn Sauce
Speedy Creamy Mushroom & Chicken Spaghetti
Boiled Egg With Cheese Soldiers
Thai Chicken Skewers