It's based on the Nordic diet, which focuses on an array of exciting grains. This particular dish opts for rye kernels and combines it with broccoli, tarragon and cheese.
Prep the night before and be the envy of your workmates with this fab recipe!
- For the salad:
- 300g Tenderstem broccoli
- 150g Västerbotten (or you can use Feta cheese)
- 100g rye kernels/grain, boiled
- 3 small spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, finely sliced
- Handful of chopped fresh tarragon
- For the vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 red chilli, finely chopped
Method1 Soak the grains for 24 hours, then boil until just tender (about 22 minutes). Drain and leave to cool (alternatively you can use ready-to-eat quinoa.)
2 Mix together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette.
3 Blanch the broccoli in boiling water until just tender (around 3-4 minutes.)
4 Add all the salad ingredients to a bowl and crumble in your chosen cheese. Season. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad just before serving.
Prep Time10 minutes (plus overnight soaking)
Cook Time25 minutes
Nutrition InformationServes: 4
Tip: Grilled chicken can be added for a meatier salad
Recipe courtesy of Tenderstem
More lovely salad recipes to try:
Kale Salad With Beetroot & Goat's Cheese
French Style Beef Salad
Blood Orange, Fennel & Basil Salad
Chicken Salad With Fresh Cherries
Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!
Check out our gallery of super salads