It involves filling an avocado with lime beetroot and shallot salsa, which is topped with sour cream and served with tortilla chips. This is great for a starter or light lunch and is so simple to make!
- 2 ripe avocados, cut in half lengthways, skin on, stone removed
- 180g lime zest beetroot, diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- 1 small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- A few drops of chilli sauce (e.g Tabasco), optional, to taste
- 4 teaspoons sour cream
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- A couple of handfuls tortilla chips, to serve
Method1 Make the salsa by mixing together the beetroot, tomato, shallot and coriander. Add the olive oil, and season to taste with chilli sauce, salt and pepper.
2 Arrange the avocados on serving plates and spoon a little of the salsa into the middle of each, and add a spoon of sour cream on top.
3 Add any spare salsa to a small dish and hand around separately. Serve with tortilla chips and eat immediately.
Prep Time10 minutes
Nutrition InformationServes 4 as starter or 2 as light lunch
Love avocado? Try this other tasty recipes:
Avocado Cheese On Toast
Bacon Burger With Avocado Mayo
Avocado & Bacon Salad
Avocado Pesto Pasta
Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!
Check out more healthy salad & dip recipes