Our friends at the charity Dreams Come True have shared it with us to inspire you all out there to get baking to raise money for their Dream Tea fundraising campaign which takes place today.
As Jane says: 'This is a very easy traybake recipe: as far as I'm concerned you can't go wrong with lemon, one of my very favourite tastes, and it makes for a zingy, fresh cake that's great for summer teas. It's made using the all-in-one method, which is quick to make - and to clear up.'
- 225g spreadable butter
- 225g castor sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 300g self-raising cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Grated rind and juice of 1 large lemon
Method1 Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan assisted, 350°F, gas mark 4). Grease a 12"x9" baking tray and line the base with baking parchment.
2 Simply put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat well together.
3 Turn the mix into the baking tray and bake for 35-40 minutes until risen and springy to the fingers. Let the cake cool in the tray.
• Spread with lemony butter icing, mark into 16 slices and decorate each one with a sugar 'lemon slice'
• Drizzle with lemon glace icing and serve with raspberries.
• For a soaked cake, make a lemon syrup: in a small pan, gently heat 125g sieved icing sugar in the juice of a lemon, stirring for 2-3 minutes until a clear syrup is formed, not allowing it to boil. Prick the cake all over with a fork while still warm from the oven, then gently spoon the syrup over it, letting it soak in gradually. Once cold, remove from the tin and dust with a little extra icing sugar
Nutrition InformationMakes 16
Check out more Dreams Come True recipes HERE
Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!
Love baking? Check out more delicious cakes in our gallery