Appleslaw is key to this, which swaps the usual carrot for red apple, and trust us - it really works. Enjoy while watching the footie or whip up for a satisfying lunch.
- 2 slice wholemeal or granary bread, buttered
- 4 Applewood cheese slices
- 2 slice of cooked chicken breast
- For the appleslaw:
- 1 heaped tablespoon low fat Greek yoghurt
- The juice of ½ small lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small red apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 100g white cabbage, finely shredded
- 2-3 radish, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, cut into fine rings
Method1 Begin by making the dressing; simply mix the yoghurt, lemon juice and pepper in a mixing bowl.
2 Add the remining ingredinets and mix to coat evenly.
3 To make the open sandwich, place the Applwood slices and chicken on the butter bread and top with appleslaw. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationServes 2
More great lunch recipes:
Steak Sandwich With Chilli Butter
Mini Chicken & Apple Quesadillas
Avocado Cheese On Toast
Check out our gallery for more summer recipes