Orzo, which is a teeny tiny pasta shape, is mixed with fresh veggies and topped with cheesy breadcrumbs. Fill your peppers with this scrumptious mix for a Mediterranean style supper.
- 125g orzo (rice-shaped pasta) or other small pasta shapes
- 25g butter
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small courgette, chopped
- 100g fine green beans, trimmed and sliced
- 100g closed cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 red, yellow or green peppers, halved and deseeded
- 100g Pilgrims Choice Extra Mature Cheddar Crumbles with Breadcrumbs and Italian Herbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Method1 Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan oven 170°C, Gas Mark 5.
2 Cook the pasta in lightly salted boiling water, according to pack instructions.
3 Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large frying pan and fry the onion gently for 3-4 minutes.
4 Add the courgette, green beans and mushrooms and cook for 2-3 more minutes, without browning.
5 Drain the pasta thoroughly, then stir in the vegetable mixture. Season to taste.
6 Arrange the pepper halves in a roasting tin, cut sides up.
7 Fill with the pasta mixture, then cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
8 Remove the foil and sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for another 15-20 minutes, until melted and golden.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time45 minutes
Nutrition InformationServes 4
More amazing veggie recipes to try:
Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!