Lamb pieces are marinated in mint and served with halloumi cheese for a Greek-style combo. Serve with fresh salad and bread for a tasty summer supper.
- 450g/1lb lean boneless lamb leg or shoulder, cut into 2.5cm/1inch cubes
- 30ml/2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint or oregano
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 15ml/1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 15ml/1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100g/4oz halloumi cheese, cut into small cubes
Method1 Place all the kebab ingredients into a large, shallow bowl, toss gently, cover and leave to marinate for up to 2 hours in the fridge.
2 Thread the lamb and cheese on to 8 short or 4 long wooden (previously soaked in water) or metal skewers.
3 Cook the kebabs on a prepared barbecue or preheated grill for 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally until any meat juices run clear.
4 Serve with houmous and a green salad.
Prep Time10-15 minutes, plus marinating time
Cook Time12-16 minutes
Nutrition InformationServes 4
Recipe courtesy of Simply Beef and Lamb
More tasty recipes for the barbecue:
Vegetarian Sticky Sausage Skewers
Smoky Barbecue Chicken Wings
Guinness & Garlic Marinade For Meat & Fish
Steak Kebabs With Ketchup Dressing
Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!