Add a real kick to traditional spaghetti bolognaise with this recipe from spice experts Santa Maria.
In this recipe, a spice blend combining carefully selected dried chilli with sweet paprika and a touch of chipotle is used to add a delicious kick. Tasty tomatoes round off the strength of the chilli so it's not too hot.
- 50ml olive oil
- 2x large garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 2x onions, finely chopped
- 2x sticks celery, trimmed and finely diced
- 2x carrots, trimmed and finely diced
- 500g fresh beef mince
- 2x 400g tins of chopped tomato
- 300ml red wine (optional)
- 3tsp Santa Maria Chilli Explosion
- 2x bay leaves
- 1tsp Santa Maria Tellicherry Black Pepper
- ½tsp Santa Maria Rock Salt
- 100g dried spaghetti
- 50g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Garlic bread
Method1 Heat the olive oil on a medium heat and add the onions, carrots, celery and garlic in a large saucepan
2 Fry for around 10 mins, until softened
3 Add the mince and stir until browned before adding the chopped tomatoes
4 Add the bay leaf, Chilli Explosion, Tellicherry Black Pepper and Rock Salt and wine
5 Stir with a spoon and bring to a gentle simmer
6 Reduce the heat, put the lid on and leave it to simmer for about an hour and a half, stirring occasionally
7 Season to taste. For additional heat, add extra Chilli Explosion
8 Meanwhile cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan and some freshly grinded Tellicherry Black Pepper and the Chilli Explosion for that last touch. Serve the garlic bread on the side
Nutrition InformationServes 4
Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!
Like spice? Check out our gallery of mouth-watering spicy recipes.