This simple recipe is super tasty and makes a change from the standard bacon and cheese toppings! Pineapple, eggs and beetroot are all piled in to the bun - along with the meat patties - for a burger with a twist.
Whip up for a treat on the barbie - friends and family are bound to be impressed.
- Mustard mayonnaise:
- 4-5 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- Smokey ketchup:
- 100g good quality tomato ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- A few splashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 2x cooked beetroot - sliced into rounds £1 coin thickness
- 4x pineapple rings
- 4x eggs
- 4x slices of Montgomery Cheddar or similar
- 4x GBK burger patties
- 4x burger buns
- Lettuce, tomato & thinly sliced red onion - optional
Method1 Grill the pineapple rings on a barbecue or griddle pan until caramelised.
2 Cook the burgers. Once cooked, add the cheese to the burgers and melt under a hot grill – this also allows the meat to rest.
3 Meanwhile, fry the eggs, keeping the yolks runny.
4 Lightly toast the cut side of the buns on the barbecue or griddle pan.
5 Construct the burgers in the following order:
Beef and cheese
Salad if using
Smoky ketchup spread on the toasted side of the bun top
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time7 minutes (for a pink burger)
Nutrition InformationServes 4
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Burger Kitchen
Serve your burger with one of these delish sides:
Step-By-Step Chips Recipe
Herby Roasted Potatoes
BBQ Roast Potatoes
Blood Orange, Fennel & Basil Salad
Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!
Check out more fabulous summer recipes below...