Chicken, exciting spices and moreish noodles are all piled into this oriental dish. Ideal for a warming lunch or light dinner, this is a great change from your usual tomato soup!
- 500ml MasterChef Chicken Stock
- 50g left over roast chicken, cut into chunks.
- ¼ teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 50g egg noodles
- 50g sweetcorn
- Ground black pepper
- To serve: Sliced red chilli, sliced spring onion, flat leaf parsley (optional)
Method1 Pour the chicken stock into a large pan and add the spring onion, sweetcorn, Chinese 5 Spice powder, ginger, garlic and soy sauce. Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes.
2 Add the egg noodles to the pan and simmer gently for 5 minutes, then add the chicken and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3 Season with pepper and serve.
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time20 minutes
Nutrition InformationServes 2
MasterChef Food oils, stocks and gravies are available from Tesco and start with an RRP of £2.99. For more information head here
More tasty chicken recipes:
James Martin's Chicken & White Bean Salad
Coconut Chicken Curry
Ken Hom's Thai Green Curry
Mini Chicken Pizza Naans