It takes Wensleydale with cranberries – one of our favourite cheeses – and combines it with a whole host of fruit and veg, including celery, grapes and cucumber. The results will leave you with a vibrant salad bursting with different textures and flavours.
- 200g couscous
- 2 teaspoons reduced salt vegetable stock powder or ½ vegetable stock cube
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- ¼ cucumber, finely chopped
- 150g seedless red and green grapes, halved
- 100g ready-prepared pomegranate
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Handful of mixed salad leaves
- 150g Wensleydale cheese with cranberries
Method1 Put the couscous into a heatproof bowl and just cover with boiling water. Add the stock powder or cube and stir well. Leave for 15 minutes to swell.
2 Add the onion, celery, cucumber, grapes and pomegranate to the couscous. Season with a little black pepper and stir to combine.
3 Mix together the olive oil and lemon juice and stir into the salad. Add the salad leaves, toss together and share between 4 serving plates. Crumble the cheese on top.
Prep Time20 minutes
Cook Time20 minutes
Nutrition InformationServes 4
Recipe courtesy of British Cheese Board
More great salad recipes to try:
Raymond Blanc's Rainbow Salad
Lucy Boyd's Mozzarella, Cherries & Prosciutto Salad
Crunchy Carrot & Apple Salad With Cashew Dressing
Superfood Salad With White Cheshire Cheese
Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!
Check out more delicious summer recipes below