Ham, peas, spring onions and new potatoes –plus a generous amount of cheese – are all combined with egg to create this fabulous omelette. Cut into wedges and serve with fresh salad leaves for a lovely summer lunch. Great hot or cold.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 bunch of spring onions, chopped
- 1 large courgette, chopped
- 300g cooked new potatoes, chopped into chunks
- 75g frozen peas, thawed
- 100g cooked ham, chopped into chunks
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons semi-skimmed milk
- 75g Double Gloucester cheese, grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh herbs and salad leaves, to serve
Method1 Preheat the grill. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan (about 30cm in diameter). Add the spring onions, courgette and potatoes and cook on the hob for 4-5 minutes – stirring often. Stir in the peas and ham.
2 Beat the eggs and milk together, season, then add half the grated cheese. Pour in the frying pan and cook over a low heat for 6-8 minutes to set the base, then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
3 Remove from the heat and cool for 5-10 minutes, as it will be easier to slice. Serve hot, warm or cold and cut into wedges.
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time20 minutes
Nutrition InformationServes 6
Recipe courtesy of British Cheese Board
More tasty recipes using eggs:
Bacon & Egg Bruschetta
Boiled Egg With Cheese Soldiers
Ultimate Scotch Egg
Posh Bacon & Eggs
Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!