Utterly delicious, these hazelnut and pecan chocolate brownies have a soft, gooey inside and melt-in-your-mouth texture. Heaps of chocolate, vanilla, and nuts are piled into these sweet treats. Simply make up the mixture and cook in the oven to create these irresistible goodies. You won't be disappointed.
- 200g/7oz unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 220g/7¾oz Hotel Chocolat Dark Chocolate Drops
- 200g/7oz caster (superfine) sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways and seeds scraped out
- 150g/5½oz plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- 75g/2½oz pecan nuts, broken into pieces
- 75g/2½oz whole hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 75g/2½oz milk chocolate drops
- 75g/2½oz white chocolate drops
Method1 Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas 4. Lightly grease and line the base of a 20cm/8inch baking tin.
2 Melt the dark chocolate drops and butter in a large heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water, stirring occasionally.
3 Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the sugar, beaten eggs and vanilla seeds. Fold in the flour and baking powder then add the pecan nuts, hazelnuts, coconut, milk and white chocolate drops.
4 Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin and bake until the top is firm but the centre is still slightly soft when pressed lightly – about 30 -35 minutes.
5 Leave the brownies to cool in the tin on a wire rack and cut into 12 squares.
Prep Time20 minutes
Cook Time40 minutes
Nutrition InformationMakes 12
For more chocolate treats, head here.
Try out these other fab chocolate recipes:
Ultimate Chocolate Fudge Cake
Chocolate Bread & Butter Pudding
Chocolate & Raspberry Tart