This particular recipe uses tender beef strips and combines it with a yummy Mexican marinade, which even includes a drop of grapefruit juice - giving it a cooling but tangy finish.
Serve with the homemade sunny salsa for a successful Saturday night dinner.
- 4 tablespoons squeezed Florida grapefruit juice
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1teaspoons all-purpose seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, seeds removed and cut into strips
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 450g lean beef, cut into strips
- 8 tortillas
- 1 avocado, peeled and stone removed
- 120ml reduced-fat sour cream
- 75g cheddar cheese, grated
- For the sunny salsa:
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 mild chillies, seeds removed and finely diced
- Fresh chopped coriander
- 1/2 Florida grapefruit, peeled and finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1teaspoon lime juice and water
Method1 In a large food bag, combine the grapefruit and lime juices, salt and pepper, all-purpose seasoning and 1tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the beef, seal the bag, and squeeze the marinade together so that it covers the meat. Put in the fridge for a few hours to marinate.
2 Add all the salsa ingredients to a bowl, mix and set aside.
3 Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet pan. Cook the peppers and onion until soft and brown, then add the beef strips and cook until browned. Place in a serving dish together.
4 Heat the tortillas according to the pack instructions.
5 Slice the avocado lengthways and place in a serving dish and put the sour cream grated cheese in dishes.
6 Place everything on the table so everyone can dig in.
Prep Time10 minutes (plus marinating time)
Cook Time8 minutes
Nutrition InformationServes 4
Try these other Mexican recipes:
Mini Chicken & Apple Quesadillas
Spicy Chicken Enchilada Wraps
Oven Baked Potato Tortilla