This particular recipe is easy-peasy to follow and even shows you how to make your own fiery salsa…
- 1 x 400g pack tortilla chips
- 3 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green or yellow pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 6oz (150g) Pilgrims Choice Extra Mature Cheddar, grated
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 8 tablespoons fresh soured cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Method1 Preheat the oven to 200°C / fan oven 180°C / Gas Mark 6.
2 Arrange the tortilla chips in heatproof serving bowls, or on a baking sheet.
3 Make the salsa by mixing together the tomatoes, red onion, pepper, chilli, tomato ketchup and coriander, checking the flavour before you add too much chilli. Season with a little salt and pepper.
4 Dollop spoonfuls of the salsa over the tortilla chips, and put any remaining salsa into a serving bowl.
5 Sprinkle the cheese over the tortilla chips and bake on the top shelf of the oven for 5 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
6 Meanwhile, halve the avocado and remove the stone, then scoop out the flesh into a serving bowl and mash it with a fork.
7 Season, then serve with the nachos, soured cream and remaining salsa.
Prep Time20 minutes
Cook Time5 minutes
Nutrition InformationServes 4
Like spicy food? Check out our gallery below...