It combines (vegan) chocolate, nuts and cherries for a crunchy and irresistible snack that will satisfy any sugar cravings, but it's much healthier than your usual chocolate cake. Even better, this recipe requires no baking, just whip up and leave in the fridge to set - easy!
- 2 x 130g bags Nakd Cocoa Delight Fruit & Nut Bits
- 75g dairy free soya spread
- 75g vegan dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 tablespoon fruit syrup
- 175g gluten, wheat and dairy free digestive biscuits, roughly broken into small pieces
- 100g whole shelled pistachios
- 100g whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 75g glacé cherries, halved
- 2 x 25g packs cherry infused raisins
Method1 Line the base of an 18cm square cake tin with baking paper.
2 Place the cocoa fruit and nut bits, soya spread, chocolate and syrup in a medium pan, heat gently and stir occasionally until the butter and chocolate have melted and the cocoa fruit and nut bits have softened slightly.
3 Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and even out the mixture with the back of a spoon, pressing the mixture together.
4 Chill for at least 2 hours or until firm.
5 Turn out onto a board and remove the baking paper. Serve cut into squares.
Prep Time15 minutes, plus 2 hours setting time
Nutrition InformationMakes approximately 24 squares
Try the other healthy recipes:
Lighter Potato Dauphinoise
Low Fat Blueberry & Banana Muffins
Fresh Crudites & Homemade Dips
Mini Chicken Pizza Naans
The best chocolate cake and cupcake recipes in pictures: