So we're especially delighted to share his amazing recipe for a much-loved and classic dish - Sweet and Sour Chicken - with you. Doesn't it look good? And there's more classic recipes from Ken below. Enjoy!
- 200g sliced chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 100g diced onion or shallots
- ½ a red and ½ a green pepper diced
- 50g diced pineapple
- 1½ tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1heaped tablespoon plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ½ teaspoon chili sauce or freshly chopped red chili
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 5g freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ chicken stock cube diluted in 125g hot water
- ½ teaspoon cornflour diluted with 1 tablespoon of water
Method1 Heat wok until smoking. Add one tablespoon of the oil and quickly fry chicken breast until browned and cooked halfway through. Remove chicken from wok and set aside.
2 Wipe wok and then add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Add the garlic and ginger and fry on a medium heat until lightly brown.
3 Add the orange and lemon zest, lightly fry with garlic and ginger for 30 seconds.
4 Add chopped onions or shallots, green and red peppers and fry off in the wok until lightly browned, but still crunchy.
5 Add diluted chicken stock, ketchup, sugar, plum sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce and chilies to the wok and bring to simmer while stirring together.
6 Add the sealed chicken breast and cook through until tender. Then add the lemon juice and rice wine vinegar.
7 Finally add the diluted cornflour to the sauce and simmer for one minute or until it thickens and is coating the chicken.
8 Serve immediately and enjoy!
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time10-15 minutes
Nutrition InformationServes 2
Download Ken Hom's 30th Anniversary Booklet here.
Try out these other Oriental dishes:
Ken Hom's Authentic Thai Green Curry
Ken Hom's Chinese Crispy Duck
Thai Potato & Chicken Curry
Sticky Vietnamese Pork & Mango Salad
Prawns In Tomato & Coconut Milk