Serve this up with rice and fresh veggies for a tasty tummy-warming dinner that's perfect for the current chilly spell.
- 100g Garner’s Original Pickled Onions, drained
- 200g sliced leg of pork, diced or 3 boneless steaks
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 9 cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- A light pinch of salt and freshly milled pepper
- 150mls vegetable stock – a quarter teaspoon of bouillon powder dissolved in boiling water
- 1 dessertspoon cornflour, blended in a little water
- 250g long grain rice
Method1 Heat the oil in a pan and brown the pork on both sides.
2 Halve the onions and add to pan with tomatoes and sauté with the pork for a couple of minutes, taking care not to burn.
3 Add the stock to deglaze pan and season.
4 Place lid on the pan, adjust heat and simmer gently for 45 minutes. Check occasionally and add a little water if required.
5 When the casserole is nearly ready, boil rice in lightly salted water for 10 minutes. Drain and return to pan.
6 Finally add cornflour, blended in a cup with a little cold water, for the last few minutes of cooking. Bring to the boil for a final time to thicken juices, the final result should almost be sticky.
Prep Time15-20 minutes
Cook Time45 minutes
Nutrition InformationServes 3
Warm yourself up with these other comforting recipes:
Celery, Smoked Haddock & Sweetcorn Chowder
Chicken & Vegetable Pot Pies
Plaice Fillets with Leek & Cheddar Topping
Spicy Indian Omelette