The ingredients cost just £2.37 in total* and serves four people – that's 59p per person! Packed with healthy veggies and exciting spices, serve this with some warm bread for a satisfying supper.
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1 large Onion, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 Red Chilli, deseeded & finely diced
- 1 large Carrot, peeled & finely diced
- 1 Garlic Clove, peeled & chopped
- 120g Red split lentils
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot 112g, dissolve into 500ml of boiling water
- 150g dried chickpeas, soaked, boiled & drained as per pack instructions
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
Method1 Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion, chilli, carrot and garlic for 5 minutes, until softening.
2 Sprinkle in the curry powder and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
3 Stir in the lentils, chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock and chickpeas, bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes.
4 Sprinkle in the chopped coriander and serve.
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time16-22 minutes
Nutrition InformationServes 4
* Costings calculated using Budgens' SuperValu range of products
Try out this other delicious soup recipes:
Jo Wheatley's Hearty Potato Soup
Cauliflower Soup With Melted Stilton & Caramelised Onions
Gordon Ramsay's Cod & Tomato Chowder
Super Healthy Watercress Soup