The BBC made the announcement today (10 May) following Bruce Forsyth's recent departure from the dancing show.
It has been rumoured for a while that Claudia would be joining long-time presenter Tess when Strictly returns this autumn, however bosses have now given her job the green light.
Claudia previously presented spin-off Strictly show It Takes Two, beginning in 2004, before moving over to BBC1 to co-host the live results show with Tess on a Sunday night.
Following the announcement, Tess said: "I'm so pleased that I'll be working with Claudia - she's long been part of the Strictly family and I've loved doing the Sunday show with her.
"It's really exciting having two women host the show, and we are great mates so there'll be lots of fun to be had on and off the dance floor, and of course I'll look forward to being reunited with Brucie for the Children in Need and Christmas shows."
Claudia added: "I have loved Strictly since the second it appeared on our screens and I am honoured and thrilled to now be part of the Saturday night team.
"Working alongside Tess is always fantastic and I can't wait to spend the weekends with her, our amazing dancers and the greatest judging panel on the planet. Sir Bruce is a living legend and we'll all miss him very much."
After announcing that he was leaving Strictly, Bruce admitted that he would "miss" the show like crazy.
"I'll miss it like mad," said Bruce. "I really will. It was a big decision, I'd rather do it this year than wait another year."
Are you pleased Claudia is replacing Bruce? Tell us below, as the best comment from across the website each week wins £50.