X Factor's Melanie McCabe: "I'm determined to carry on"

Published Monday, Oct 7 2013, 16:45 BST  |  By  |  Add comment
X Factor contestant Melanie McCabe has vowed to keep pursuing her dreams after failing to make it to the live shows on her fourth attempt.

Viewers watched last night (6 October) as Melanie was sent home from judges' houses by Nicole Scherzinger, but she has now insisted that she won't give up on a singing career.

Melanie McCabe in The X Factor judges' houses 2013


Speaking to Dublin newspaper the Herald, Melanie said: "I'm obviously very disappointed not to have got any further in the show.

"But I do believe everything happens for a reason and I'm determined to carry on performing and pursuing my dream."

Melanie has auditioned for The X Factor four times. She first appeared on our screens in 2008, when she was just 14 years old.

The hopeful returned to the show in 2011 and made it through to judges' houses with Kelly Rowland, then a year later she made it to bootcamp.

Melanie McCabe in her first X Factor audition in 2008

© YouTube / ITV

In this series, Melanie vowed that this would be her last year on the show. Speaking at her first audition, she said: "If I don't get through I won't do it or another talent show again.

"Most famous singers haven't done them so I suppose the next step would be to do it the way other singers do."

After sending her home, Nicole has spoken out about not taking Melanie through to the live shows, adding that she "cried" at her own decision.

Watch Melanie's first ever X Factor audition here: