Hold on a minute, didn't we tell you dark, berry lip shades were going to be HUGE this autumn? We sure did – and both Alesha Dixon and Little Mixer Leigh-Anne Pinnock have already proved us correct.
This week, yet more A-listers cemented the trend with four of our favourite beauty icons rocking the statement dark pout on the red carpet.
On Monday night (24 October), Vanessa Hudgens and Pretty Little Liars actress Lucy Hale showcased their take on the look at the 23rd Elle Women in Hollywood Awards at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills, California.
Both girls wore their hair up for the evening which perfectly showed off their stunning pouts which were rich, creamy and perfectly toned to complement their skin tones.
Vanessa went for a dark, burgundy shade which looked gorgeous with her olive complexion, while Lucy opted for a cool, deep raspberry lippy which was a great choice for her slightly paler skin.
Quite honestly, seeing these two gorgeous ladies rocking the trend was more than enough to make us want to hot-foot it down to Boots to stock up on some dark, goth lip colours.
But there was more, for on the very same evening and just across town at the Getty Centre in Los Angeles, the InStyle Awards were also in full swing! And while there was a smattering of nude pouts from the likes of Shailene Woodley, Jourdan Dunn and Isla Fisher, the almost-goth lip was also a bit hit on the red carpet.
Modern Family actress Sarah Hyland led the way with her deep claret, matte pout, while Fashion star Priyanka Chopra went for a glossy, chocolate-berry look that was all kinds of cool.
Fact: this autumn you are going to HAVE to invest in a dark, berry lipstick wardrobe.
Here's how to make sure you get it right:
1. Identify the undertones of your skin to work out if 'cool' or 'warm' shades will suit you best. And the easiest way to do this? Think about whether gold or silver jewellery is the most flattering. If it's gold, you have warm undertones and if the answer is silver, you have cool undertones.
2. Cool, pink-toned complexions should stick with lip colours that sit in the same family – ie: cooler shades with blue or pink undertones. We love MAC Lipstick in Smoked Purple, £15.50, maccosmetics.co.uk.
On the other hand, warmer, yellow-toned complexions should choose similarly warm lip shades that have orange or red undertones. Try Lord & Berry Absolute Intensity Lipstick in Avant Garde, £12, boots.com.
3. If you have VERY fair skin, by all means choose your dark lipstick weapon... just make sure it's sheer rather than full-on matte to avoid looking like you're channeling Halloween. Every. Day.
4. Never make your eye make-up compete with dark lips – it's just not worth it. Instead, stick with strong brows, lots of lashes and either neutral eyes or a simple slick of eyeliner.
5. This being said, don't forget to add a little colour to your cheeks. Unless you want to look super-gothic, the key to really nailing berry lips is to sweep a similar, sheer blusher over the apples of your cheeks.
For exclusive competitions and amazing prizes visit Reveal's Facebook page NOW!