While most swear by warm brown or charcoal grey shadows when rocking a sultry smoky eye, Heidi proved a bright colour works just as well with her latest violet look.
The former Hills star took a snap of her shimmering eyeshadow while crediting her make-up artist Trendee King, adding the caption: "Purple time!"
Purple is actually a great eyeshadow hue as it suits pretty much all eye colours, but it's a shade many overlook. Apart from Cheryl Fernandez-Versini - she totally nailed the look while appearing on The X Factor last year.
If you fancy getting in on the trend too, Bourjois Smoky Eyes Trio Eyeshadow Palette in Violet Romantic, £7.99, is perfect as it includes three different shades - all crucial for perfecting a smoky eye. Other purple shadows to check out include Rimmel London Glam Eyes Mono Eyeshadow in Plum Romance, £4.49, L'Oréal Paris Infallible Eyeshadow in Purple Obsession, £6.99, and MAC Eyeshadow in Satellite Dreams, £13.
1. First, use a fluffy blending brush to shade the crease of your eye with the darkest purple hue, concentrating the colour in the outer corners before gradually fading as you go inwards. Take a sweep of this shade along your lower lashline too.
2. The next step is to dip a flat eyeshadow brush into the slightly lighter lavender shade and pack this all over your lid, ensuring your crease colour is still visible.
3. Using a small pencil brush (or your little finger), dab a tiny bit of the pale shimmery silver hue near the inner corners of your peepers. This will help brighten up your eyes.
4. You'll want to grab a clean fluffy blending brush and use this all over your lid to ensure the colours blend seamlessly and there are no harsh lines.
5. Next, tie in the whole look by applying a thin slick of liquid liner (try Topshop Liquid Liner in Black Cab, £7) all the way across your upper lashline, flicking it out slightly at the outer corner. If you find this tricky, try resting your elbow on a table while looking downwards into a mirror.
6. Last but not least, lacquer your lashes with your fave mascara before adding drama with mega-watt false lashes. We like Eylure Naturalites False Eyelashes in Glamour 116, £5.39.
Would you rock purple eyeshadow? Let us know by commenting below as the best comment across the site each week wins £50!
Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!
Got an iPad or iPhone? Reveal Mag is specially designed to fit!