But fear not, as expert Sophie Harris-Greenslade - aka The Illustrated Nail - has shared her tips on how to keep your mani looking perfect until your tent is down and packed away.
Sophie will be glamming up guests' talons in the Louder Lounge at this year's Virgin Media's V Festival and she knows all the tricks of the trade.
1. Give yourself a good manicure a few days before you head off to a festival. This will ensure your nails are filed, shaped and in good condition before you go.
2. A base coat is really important. A great high street find is OPI's Natural Nail Base Coat. Apply this and let it dry thoroughly before you add your colour.
3. Nudes are still the most popular manicure choice at the moment, but a festival is a time to be more daring! Choose neons, bright colours and funky nail art - perfect for standing out in the crowd!
4. Apply a good top coat, such as Seche Vite. I swear by this - it's the top coat of all top coats!
5. Remember to take your top coat with you to the festival and apply a thin layer each day you are there. Don't apply too much though, as it will become thick and will peel off.
6. Finally, have a pot of nail varnish in the same colour as your manicure handy in your bag for quick touch ups if you do get a chip.
What's your fave nail colour at the moment? Tell us below, as the best comment from across the website each week wins £50!