Want to make the most of your scrubbing sessions? Reveal's junior beauty writer, Amber Ascroft, gives her tips for your silkiest, smoothest skin ever...
1. Scrubs can contain everything from oats to crushed apricot kernels but most contain skin-smoothing sugar or salt. Sugar scrubs dissolve better in water so they tend to be more gentle. Sea salt formulas are slightly more abrasive and are often used in top spas, as they help beat puffiness caused by water retention.
2. The scrub you choose could also have an effect on your fake tan. Oily formulas are perfect for giving skin a post-shower sheen, but you should avoid them before bronzing as they can leave a barrier on the skin.
3. For a double whammy, massage in your body scrub using a pair of exfoliating gloves. As well as removing dry skin, it gets rid of not-so-perfect fake tan in no time, too!
4. For a super circulation boost, start at your feet and work your way upwards in firm circular motions. Scrubbing your feet first also balances your body and soul, according to ancient Ayurvedic beliefs. Oo-er!
5. Stubborn flaky bits? Use a scrub on dry skin before you shower for a serious scrub down.
6. Don't go OTT! Exfoliating once or twice a week is enough to keep things smooth and sexy without causing irritation.
THREE OF THE BEST
I test the newest additions to the body scrub shelves:
Montagne Jeunesse Super Fruits Black Raspberry Body Scrub (£6.49 for 200ml)
With an ultra-sweet scent and creamy texture, this felt lovely. It massaged in easily and gave speedy results, although the grains might be too harsh for some skin types.
Rituals Good Luck Scrub Organic Sugar Body Scrub (£14.50 for 200g)
Talk about a DIY spa! The scent of this filled my bathroom and made it feel like a luxe salon treatment. It was a little messy, as it's literally like taking sugar from a bowl but if you've got time to spare, it's a real treat.
Skip fake tan streaks
Kiko Detoxifying Elastic Scrub (£12.90 for 300g, kikocosmetics.co.uk)
This will fast become a weekly essential if you're a big fake tanner. It doesn't have a scent and wasn't the most pampering but the bright green, super-lathering formula means you won't miss a single spot.
What is your summer body scrub of choice? Tell us below as the best comment from across the site each week wins £50!